Scholarship Makeup Application Video/Verbal Essay
Multimedia Makeup Academy’s scholarship committee will review all submitted scholarship entries that follow the requirements listed below.
Scholarship applicants must submit:
- A 3-5 minute video, along with
- The completed scholarship application
- The social media handle in which you are uploading the video to
- 2 letters of recommendation
Judging criteria includes:
- Creativity +the content itself
- Applicant’s enthusiastic drive for the industry + commitment to their future
- The ability to follow and adhere to all the guidelines provided.
Video/ Verbal Essay – Must Include The Following:
1. Time-lapse of makeup application (select a makeup look of your choice) with voice over answering the following prompts (this counts as your verbal essay):
- Tell the committee a little bit about yourself.
- Explain which program you applied for and why? Be sure to distinguish which licensure you are pursuing.
- Why is being/becoming a makeup artist, esthetician, stylist or influencer important to you?
- What would it mean to you if you were awarded this scholarship?
2. Video format should look similar to this outline:
- Introduction stating your full name, and a brief explanation of your look. (approx. 1 minute)
- Time lapse video of you creating the look with a voice over. (approx. 1-4 minutes)
- Explaining the makeup application process & answering the required questions.
- A completed look should be presented at the end of the video.
3. Once video is complete you MUST submit to Social Media Account(s) eligible: (Any of the three below) MUST use the hashtag #MMAScholarships and tag the academy accordingly:
- YouTube @MultimediaMakeupAcademy
- Facebook @MMAMakeupAcademy
- Instagram @mmamakeupacademy
- If you choose Instagram please mention in the comments, “See link in bio to watch full video.” Click here to see how to add a link in your bio. While including the hashtag as well. The judges will evaluate your full video.
- Please Note: If you do not have a social account, please create one. If you are serious about a career in makeup this is crucial to have in order to grow your clientele or book work. Think of an Instagram account as a casual portfolio.
Letters of Recommendation
Please submit 2 letters of recommendation, one professional (from a teacher, employer, supervisor), and one personal (family member or friend). Letters should be a representation of your abilities as an aspiring artist with interest in esthetics or cosmetology.
Due Date For 2022 Scholarship
This is an ongoing scholarship opportunity that is available to accepted applicants throughout the year until scholarship funds have been exhausted.
Scholarship Recipient Selection
- Selection of a scholarship winner will be based upon the applicants enrollment eligibility, submitted application, and the required video/verbal essay.
- All applicants will be notified of results via email.
Once you have followed the guidelines carefully, created your video and received letters of recommendation, you are ready to fill out this form submission.
Remember: use #MMAScholarships or tag us so we can find your video! We wish you luck!